Why join the Home Base Iowa Initiative?
Home Base Iowa Businesses are the centerpiece of Home Base Iowa. With record numbers of military members leaving the service over the next five years, the influx of workers into the job market is profound for Iowa employers. We invite all businesses to distinguish themselves by becoming a Home Base Iowa Business. By joining together, we can meet our goals of increasing employment in Iowa, decreasing veterans' unemployment, and recruiting high quality individuals to Iowa.
Guide to become a “Home Base Iowa Business”
- The business pledges to hire a specific number of veterans.
- This standard may be met by providing a signed letter or other signed written statement to Iowa Workforce Development. Such statement should indicate the number of veterans the company pledges to hire by December 31, 2018. Though any documentation is public record under Iowa law, Home Base Iowa will only promote the fact that the business has pledged, not the number it pledged. Home Base Iowa will promote an aggregate statewide number.
- The business commits to posting its jobs on the Home Base Iowa website through IowaJobs.
- This standard may be met by certifying such commitment in a signed letter or other signed written statement provided to Iowa Workforce Development. The business does not need to post jobs exclusively to the Home Base Iowa site.
- The business has the option to become a member of Skilled Iowa.
- This standard may be attained by meeting the existing Skilled Iowa standards, or by demonstrating that the business is already a Skilled Iowa member.
Please contact us or fill out the HBI Interest Form online if your business would like to become a Home Base Iowa Business, or if your business would like more information on the process of becoming a Home Base Iowa Business.
Interested in becoming a Home Base Iowa supporter?
We are currently seeking promotions/donations to include in the incentives package we will offer veterans to welcome them to West Des Moines. Please contact us or fill out the HBI Support Form online if your business would like to donate toward West Des Moines’ incentive package. Other communities have included free hotel stays, the elimination of closing costs, rental assistance, help finding housing and/or gift cards.